Our Mission and Purpose
Opus119 College Conservatory of Music's commitment is to value the highest artistic creativity in music education and to prepare our students for challenges of the 21st century music career. In today’s world, becoming a successful musician requires skills beyond conventional musical study. In the music industry where a value of one’s achievement is subjective, a successful career is often attained through ceaseless discipline and humility in one’s artistry. At OCCM, students are expected to develop networking and communication skills as well as musicianship at the highest quality. We believe peer and teacher-student relationships to be the core infrastructure in music career making. Our mission as a music institution is two-fold: Through the education students receives at our institution, OCCM aims to become a positive influence in the greater community of music education as well as in the community we reside, to instill higher appreciation of performance aspect of classical music. At the same time, we strives to prepare students not only to become better musicians, but also to have them realize infinite possibilities in their future career through vast varieties of artistry they witness in the course of study with numerous successful professionals at our school.
How do we do it?
To achieve its mission, Opus119 College Conservatory of Music aims for the following:
- Provide practical and structural learning through courses in lecture-discussion
format with faculties of the highest caliber.
- By having students exposed to diverse career professionals, the institution
supports students to build professional relationships with the most distinguished
musicians of today to stimulate their potentialities.
- Providing each student skills and knowledge beyond music performance to cope
with life after music school.
- By inviting numerous visiting professors annually, the institution provides
opportunities for students to have diversity and frequent stimuli in their learning.
- Mentorship through working with professionals.
- Low student-faculty ratio. It creates opportunities for direct contact with
professors, allowing more personal attention to each student.
- Progressive learning environment where students expand their creativity.
- Help students build a professional career path.
- Emphasize the importance of connecting to the community both local and global
for the purpose of disseminating the performing arts.